Monday, December 2, 2019

30A Final Reflection

The End of Our Journey & The Beginning of Your Journey

After looking at my journey throughout this class, I would say I have grown. When I first began the class, I really thought of the assignments as just being busywork. At times, I wanted to quit and not do it anymore. However, over time I realized how beneficial the assignments were and found them to help me in aspects of my business career. Outside of class, I would be able to make connections to what Dr. Pryor was talking about and was so amazed by the accuracy. I can say this class has given me some valuable tools to help me in my future career and I’m very appreciative of every piece of information Dr. Pryor has shared with us over the semester.

My most formative experience in this class was doing elevator pitches. I liked the idea of me having to convince somebody to partake in my business in such a short amount of time. It showed me how important it is to make the most out of your first impression. It was also cool that I was able to see my improvement in pitches over time and how I got more comfortable with presenting.

I don’t see myself as an entrepreneur, but I do think I have moved closer towards developing an entrepreneurial mindset. I now understand the process of finding an opportunity and how to go about solving this opportunity within a certain audience. As well as, learning to not let my failures stop me, but use it as motivation to improve things and work harder to be successful. All the tools and advice I have learned will be very beneficial to me if I choose to pursue opening a business.

Some recommendations I would make to students going down this path and wanting to perform their best in this class is being open-minded and having time management skills. Each assignment allows you to receive feedback from others and you should be open to it, so it can help you improve on your opportunity. Also, students should have good time management skills because the assignments do take some time to complete and you need to give yourself an ample amount of time to complete them thoroughly. If you work on the assignments throughout the week, you give yourself enough time to work on other classes as well.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel!
    I agree that I began to value the assignments more as the semester progressed. They required work but it was enjoyable and actually caused me to think about how to solve problems and pay attention to lectures. Elevator pitches were definitely a great learning experience since we had to concisely define the most important parts of our product and then present them professionally. Great job!

    ReplyDelete