Friday, September 13, 2019

3A Your Entrepreneurship Story

      A time I have been introduced to entrepreneurship is witnessing an entrepreneur in the making. A cool entrepreneur that I have met is Anisha Toomer. Anisha has been my friend since 4th grade and I have seen her grow into a successful young businesswoman. Anisha is currently an owner of 3 businesses: Admire Zany Apparel, Blush Bundles Boutique, and Milli Minks Co, which are respectively, clothing, hair, and lash businesses. She found the need to start these businesses because she wanted to help ladies from all ages feel beautiful from head to toe for affordable prices. Admire Zany Apparel, her first business, is a clothing store that is a one-stop-shop for ladies of all sizes and ages to purchase tops, two pieces, dresses, bathing suits, accessories, and much more. Her second business is the hair company, Blush Bundles Boutique, which provides affordable and luxurious, top quality hair extensions for women.  Under Blush Bundles Boutique, she also offers hair installation services to go along with purchases from her hair company. The third company she owns is Milli Minks Co, a lash business, that provides luxury lash extensions to make your lashes stand out. Anisha has been successful so far in her 3 business ventures but continues to find new ways to innovate her businesses. Soon, she plans to open a storefront, where she truly could have a one-stop-shop. Ladies will be able to purchase from all 3 businesses under one roof. It has been wonderful to see my friend’s growth and I hope that she reaches new heights in all her business endeavors.





     One of the main reasons I enrolled in ENT3003 is because I needed an easy class to balance out my other two hard classes, Financial Accounting, and Business Statistics. The other reason is that I do have a slight interest in knowing what it takes to become an entrepreneur. I hope to gain a better understanding of what an entrepreneur truly is and the mindset they should encompass to be successful out of this class. Also, the knowledge I learn this semester can help me in my future business career.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    I think it is really interesting and unique that you were introduced to an entrepreneur in the making yourself. I also know someone relatively close to me who has started his own business and created two businesses in fact. One of which he created at the age of 16, paving his way into the business world at such a young age. The fact that you have known your friend Anisha since the 4th grade is incredible, and such a cool experience for you to gain knowledge and witness what it is like to be an entrepreneur. I like that you mentioned that although she has had 3 successful businesses, she continues to have innovative thinking and strives to improve her businesses. Like you, I also took this class in the hopes to better my understanding of what it means to be an entrepreneur and to help get me into that mindset.

    Best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! This is really cool! The beauty and fashion industry is so fun and exciting. Having friends who are taking control of their life are a great influence to have. You may even be able to help her with what you learn in this class. Good luck with Financial Accounting! Do all the Study Edge practice problems and you'll be set up for success! You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, it's admirable that your friend has been an entrepreneur since such an early age! It’s impressive that she was able to successfully open three businesses. Opening one successful business is an accomplishment in itself. I relate to you in that I took this class to balance my schedule and to learn the entrepreneurial mindset. I’m sure I’ll be able to use some of the concepts from this class in my future career.

    ReplyDelete