Friday, September 20, 2019

8A Solving The Problem


 Solution: My selected opportunity is to help people with picking outfits for the day.
  • My solution is to create a Smart Closet and app that interlink to help customers pick their outfit for the day. The closet will be a software system that will download and read all the pieces of clothes that people have in their closet. Clothes will be organized by item (tops, skirts, jeans, and etc.) and will be color coordinated if the user specifies. Once all the clothes are in the system, it will be linked to the app so users can scroll through all their clothing items. Users will also have to upload a 360-degree image of their body onto the app or a scanner will be included in the closet to get a virtual image of their body. Each day, users will go on the app and answer a short amount of questions that will help the software pick suggested outfits based on their answers. Not only will the app pick the suggested clothing options but will show how the options look on the user through the virtual image that was already uploaded. After the user sees the options and chooses the outfit, the smart closet will bring the picked-out outfit to the front and you will have your outfit for the day.

  • Through the app I mentioned, there will be some questions asked to get a sense of suggested outfits. There are several reasons why people might choose a certain outfit. A person may pick their outfit based off their mood, the weather outside, the occasion being attended, or the look they want to portray. There will be 5 questions with 10 option answers.
    • Sample questions and answer options?
      • How are you feeling today? Happy, Calm, Sad, Angry, Reserved…
      • Where will you be going today? Work, School, Party, Dinner…
      • How is the weather today? Sunny, Cloudy, Rainy, Windy…
      • What look are you going for? Chic, Laid-Back, Sporty, Comfortable…
      • How old are you? 13 – 100 (approximate)

  • This product can be used by all ages but will be marketed towards teenagers and young adults because of feedback showing that the problem seems to arise more amongst the younger crowd. I would like my product to be sold in boutiques, clothing stores, home improvement stores, and on websites like Walmart and Amazon. I believe that this closet/app bundle can and will help people decrease or eliminate the struggles of picking an outfit.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel,

    Very creative opportunity you chose! I found it very interesting how you came up with an opportunity that I actually struggle with every morning! I love my style and I believe I am able to put cute outfits together but due to rushing every morning to go to school, I do not have much time to think and put outfit ideas which is why this would be awesome! I feel like a lot of girls would find this a need! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel! I love this idea! It reminds me a lot of the movie "Clueless". I am sure lots of people have tried implementing this in the past so looking up the issues they faced would be a great resource. Also, other smart closet technology would be interesting. If this program could also help consolidate clothes into a smaller place, that would be a great help to a lot of people! I definitely could use more closet space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, first of all I think this is a great opportunity! I personally am indecisive and struggle with picking outfits everyday so your app would definitely help me. I really like that your app has a 360-degree virtual image of the user’s body, eliminating the need to physically try on outfits. I also love that your app considers style as part of the questions. I think a really cool feature to add could be a favorite outfits folder and suggestions based on those outfits. Overall amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete