Friday, November 15, 2019

25A What's Next?


Existing Market

Step 1: What’s Next?
·      In terms of products and services, I would like to add services that complement Smart Closet. I was thinking of service that will suggest outfits based on inspirations you like or your preferences, allow you to buy them, and have it shipped to your home for customers to wear.

Step 2: Interviews
·      My interviewers like my current solution, but also like the new feature of them picking out outfits from different boutiques based on suggestions and having it shipped to their house. They said they also have struggled with online shopping because of the wide variety, but having it based on their suggestions is easier.

Step 3: Future Plans
·      After my own expectations and feedback received, I think it will make the most sense for my venture to add this new feature. However, I would have to do a trial run with it to make sure I can implement it fully.

New Market

Step 1: Different Market?
·      A new market that I could target is a more affluent part of society. My product is targeted now towards a younger audience, which would require a more affordable price. A wealthier audience will allow me to implement more features that will enhance the app.

Step 2: Value
·      My venture will create value for people in this market because their appearance is an important matter and my product helps with the right outfit to make you look good. I wanted to implement a personal stylist coming out once a week to see what you like, plan your outfits, and lay them out for you, instead of answering daily questions.

Step 3: interviews
·      After the interviews, the people said the new features are nice. However, they mentioned they were already similar to some solutions they already had. They already have personal shopping assistants and stylists that buy and pick their outfits. I didn’t really expect much from this market, but I would give it a try. My existing market is much better than the new market.

Step 4: Reflection
·      I learned from this new market that this might not be the market for me. The wealthy audience already has the money to buy whatever product/service they need to satisfy their needs. They are already set on the solutions they have in place and wouldn’t switch to my product. I would need to do more research in finding a market that would actually need it or offer a different service/product.

2 comments:

  1. Good evening Rachel! I really enjoyed reading your blog post on what’s next for your venture concept in your current and new discovered markets! Targeting an audience with more money to spare is always a good move if you have the resources to do so. You could possibly bring out and upscale clothing line out specifically targeted at that specific group of consumers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel!
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post! I think you have a great idea on what is coming next in your business. I think adding more services would be awesome and will open you up to new consumers. I strongly believe that in the future when you are successful you could target a weathlier audience which will help your business with exposure but I agree when you mentioned that for the most part wealthier individuals buy in expensive places but dont get discouraged! There iare always individiuals who would rather not buy expensive! Good job!

    ReplyDelete