Friday, November 22, 2019

26A Celebrating Failure

Past Experience 
A time this past semester that I have failed is when I failed my exams for a class. In this class, I thought I understood the material, but when it came down to the exams it was clear that I wasn’t fully grasping the concepts. I did have Study edge and office hours available to me, but I didn’t utilize these resources. I felt like I could’ve done better, but it was to the point that I had to drop the class. I haven’t experienced failing a test before, but it is a humbling experience. I have high standards for myself when it comes to academics, but this was a let down I have to learn from.

Learned Lesson 
I learned from this time that college is only getting harder and that I need to do better with prioritizing my time and classes over anything. I need to make sure that I watch lectures and do my HW on time, do lots of practice, utilize the resources provided at UF and attend office hours to get any questions answered. I want to make sure that I am not in this position again in the future and do my best from now on.

Reflection 
In general, failure may be discouraging, but it is good for you in the long run. Failure allows you to learn from your mistakes, so you don’t make them in the future. You should fail every once in a while, however, not continuously because at that point that means you are doing something wrong. I handle failure pretty good, I may feel down at the moment, but I don’t let it hold me back for long. I use failure as motivation to go harder to achieve my goals.

This class has changed my perspective on failure. I am more likely to take risks now because this class has taught me that failure is not that bad as an entrepreneur. It is better to fail at this stage because the impact is not that huge and will give you enough time to improve. Failing just means that you have to work harder to achieve your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment