Friday, October 11, 2019

14A Halfway Reflection


1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 

  • The behaviors that I have used to keep up with this course are time management and perseverance. The assignments for this class aren’t necessarily hard, however, completing assignments does take some time. Sometimes you may have to interview others, do some research, or read books and reflect on it. Also if you don’t attend the live lectures, you have to make sure that you watch it at a later time. Time management is crucial to have, especially when you may be taking other rigorous classes. I have also used perseverance because sometimes I didn’t manage my time well for a certain week and waited to do my work at the last minute. I could’ve just skipped the assignment and lose 3 points, but instead, I persevered and pulled all-nighters to make sure my work was done. I highly recommend to others that you don’t do what I do and just do your work ahead of time. 


2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

  • A moment when I felt like giving up is when I was doing the elevator pitch. I didn’t like my opportunity that much and felt that I could've delivered a much better business idea to the present. However, I didn’t let that stop me and I just decided to do it because it's not like I can't change my opportunity and there are two more elevator pitches that I can improve on. My fear of failure is what pulled me through. I don’t like failing, so this assignment wasn’t going to stop me. I just was more motivated to go harder in finding a better opportunity to present. Also, I went to Professor Pryor and he helped me think about a better opportunity.
  • I developed a tenacious attitude over these past months because the classes I have now are pretty hard and have made me push myself. I had to sacrifice some of my social life and focus on my academics, but in the end, it will pay off.


3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset'?

  • The three tips that I would offer next semester’s students to foster skills supporting tenacity and to develop a tenacious mindset is to have:
    • Time management skills – You never know how your semester is going to be, so it always good to make sure you prepare for anything. Make sure you dedicate time to all your classes equally, so you won’t be struggling to finish assignments or watch lectures.
    • Be open-minded – This class makes you think outside of the box sometimes when it comes to assignments. Also, you have to interview people and their feedback maybe something you do or do not agree with.
    • If you need help go to Professor Pryor for advice – If you might be doubtful about anything in the class, go to office hours and talk to Professor Pryor. He’ll most likely have an answer or great advice for anything that might be giving you trouble with the class. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel, I completely agree with you in that time management and perseverance are key to doing well in this class! I’ve also had a few instances where I didn’t manage my time well and sacrificed sleep to get my work in on time. Since then, I’ve made an effort to do my work ahead of time and it’s been much less stressful.

    ReplyDelete