Friday, October 18, 2019

16A What’s Your Secret Sauce?

Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.

Five ways in which I have unique human capital is:
  1. Honesty – I like to tell people the truth no matter what. I am straightforward and like to tell people what it is from the beginning. I never like to set someone astray. I try my best to provide them with the most genuine answers I can.
  2. Determination – I like to set goals for myself and achieve them. If I may encounter challenges as I try to achieve a goal, I find ways to overcome the challenges and will persevere until I accomplish my goal. I set high standards for myself and I expect myself to uphold them no matter what.
  3. Organization – One of my strengths is being very organized. I prefer not to be hit with the unexpected, work in untidy areas, or not have back up plans. I like to make sure that I plan everything in advance and have contingencies in place just in case things don't work out.
  4. Friendly – I see myself as a nice person. I like to help people whenever I can. People can always use me as a shoulder to lean on or a person to ask advice. I always like to make sure everybody is doing well and feels welcomed.
  5. Open-minded – I like to consider many perspectives. I might be hesitant at first, but I am understanding and will consider the different viewpoints others may have. I love feedback and believe it is very helpful in terms of development, personally and generally.
Interview the five people who know you the best. 



Mom
  • My mom says my heart is what makes me different and believes I have a God heart. Her explanation of a God heart is a person who is caring, loving, forgiving, and understanding. She believes this separates me from many others in my generation.

Dad
  • My dad says I am very organized, detailed, and calculated in what I do. He gives an example of me going to college and planning out everything I needed to do to make sure my transition from high school to college was successful. He also likes how I hold myself accountable for my grades, set a high standard for my work, and always like to try something new.

Best Friend – Thamare
  • My best friend basically said I use the resources around me to help me grow as an individual. I am an ambitious and determined person when it comes to achieving my goals. She also mentions that I am easy going and approachable. She feels that I am an honest and kind person who respects other but is also respectable as well.

Close friend – Faith
  • Faith mentions that I can’t multitask and like to focus on doing one thing at a time. She mentions that I have a direct focus, but I can be easily distracted. She describes how peculiar I am with certain things such as food or sauces. She says I’m a skeptical person, however, I am still open to giving people and things chances. She also adds how I am disciplined about my finances and make smart financial decisions.

Coworker/Close friend – Brittney
  • My friend Brittney says I am a very honest and independent person. I am motivated to achieve the goals that I set for myself. She also says that I go above and beyond when achieving these goals. Even though I may encounter challenges, I don’t let them stop me, but overcome them. She finishes off by saying how I am understanding, listen to others, and willing to give advice to people.

Reflect on the differences. 

I think the way I see myself and the way others see me are pretty much the same. I don’t see any differences because everything is true. I agree with everything my interviewees said about me because they know me well. It just really shows me how much people pay attention to you. I wouldn’t make any corrections to my list because I stay true to myself no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon Rachel. Your family and friends sound very nice and based of the traits you have listed about yourself; it seems like you fit right it as well! Your traits and interviews that you conducted indicate that you are a very nice and open person who is willing to learn and try new ideas. These traits are very valuable to being successful in this world. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete